Sign In Forgot Password

Planning a CBE Event? Everything you need to know

To make our CBE event planning process more efficient (and fun smiley) for all, we have added some structure to our process!  

For any questions pertaining to CBE event planning, contact Miriam, the Synagogue Administrator, at or by calling the CBE office at 978-263-3061.

Initiating the Event Planning Process:

If your event is not already on the calendar, submit the Event Request Form, preferably 6 weeks prior to the event. The Synagogue Administrator will notify the event organizer when the event has been added to the calendar.

If the event is already on the calendar or in response to receipt of the submitted Event Request Form, the Synagogue Administrator will send an email to the event organizer indicating additional information needed for this specific event.  This may include links to the Event Request form, if more information is needed, and forms for you to provide requirements for communication and/or requirements for use of CBE facilities.  


Additional Considerations When Planning Events

Kitchen Use

If you plan to use the kitchen and/or serve food, on the Facilities Use Form, you will be asked to confirm that you are aware and will follow our Kitchen Use guidelines and abide by our food-related policies.  Click on the titles below.

If you have any questions, contact Stacey Briggs.

If Serving/ Selling Alcohol

  • For any event SELLING alcohol, you must apply for a One Day Wine and Malt Beverage License (also known as One Day Liquor License) from the Town of Acton and pay the fee of $25.00.
  • To be on the safe side, make sure to apply at least 6 weeks before your event, as the license needs to be approved by a vote of the selectmen and needs to get onto the agenda of one of their meetings.
  • If you are planning on serving alcohol to guests numbering 50 or greater, you must have a TIPS or equivalent certified bartender in attendance. As an example CBE members Linda Minkoff and Stacey Briggs are TIPS-certified and perhaps others. It would be wise to make sure that one of them is available before you set your date or you may hire a professional bartender.  It can also be helpful if the bartender submits the town application. 
  • Any outside contractor needs to comply with our policies and supply evidence of insurance to administrator. 

Contact Linda Minkoff, Stacey Briggs or the synagogue administrator with any questions about serving alcohol.

Security Requirements

If there is a question of needing security for your event or not, please contact the CBE Security Committee by emailing and the CBE President(s) at  They will provide the latest CBE advice regarding security needs.


Other Facilities Use Forms

There are other building use-related forms..  Here are the links to those forms and the purpose of each:

Thu, July 18 2024 12 Tammuz 5784